The successful candidate will be expected to work with limited supervision, preparing technical design information (including 3D models) and written inputs to technical reports to deliver engineering solutions for a diverse range of projects. The work will cover sections of infrastructure, highways, earthworks, remediation, surface drainage, SUDS and sewerage. These services will be applied to residential, commercial, employment, retail and industrial schemes both within the public and private sectors. The work will be across all project phases from pre-planning and feasibility through to detailed design and construction.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- completion of feasibility and pre-planning assessments;
- preparation of engineering models including earthworks and site levels appraisals, cut and fill assessments, highway design and traditional surface and foul water drainage design, including SuDS;
- carrying out site inspections and surveys;
- working with fellow technicians and engineers to translate outline engineering proposals into detailed models and designs in accordance with relevant design standards and codes;
- managing the delivery of individual tasks and activities to programme and budget;
- liaising with clients, project stakeholders and other internal and external disciplines;
- being an effective and supportive team member within a multi-disciplinary team, with shared responsibility for the delivery of a wide range of projects; and
- preparing engineering reports in support of planning applications, site appraisals and submissions to statutory authorities.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate that they are a quick learner, with proven initiative, to work within a team and be a good communicator with good organisational skills. Relevant industry experience should be demonstrable, with direct emphasis on 3D modelling for civil engineering or other related construction/environmental disciplines. Knowledge and/or experience of working within a BIM environment and Civil 3D would be desirable. The candidate should be commercially aware, with a willingness to own their own workload, and show personal commitment and aptitude to work to tight deadlines.
- A degree in Civil Engineering
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D, incorporating infrastructure modelling.
- Working knowledge of design codes and standards (eg DMRB, Sewers for Adoption, BS/Eurocodes etc).
- High standard of written English and proficient with the use of Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Word.
- Experienced in the production of infrastructure design packages & drawings.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and sketches.
- Good understanding of design procedures, change control, checking and review.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative design team environment.
To apply for this job email your details to Aimip.91E538F19.firstname.lastname@example.org