This role will form part of the technical team who will deliver all electrical work duties and requirements of the project scope as directed by the production or project manager on a variety of traction rolling stock.
MAIN DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To deliver all aspects of electrical work on a variety of traction rolling stock projects, in particular, DMU and EMU fleet projects
- To fault find using the relevant circuit test equipment, electrical wiring diagrams, engineering drawing and methods of work statements
- To install and test new control panel modules, door switches, LED lighting, at-seat power, WIFI, USB charging points, and other interior electrical fittings
- To conduct any bench work required, including assembly of electrical components and wiring looms
- To issue ‘Fit-to-Go’ certification
- To wear personal protective equipment and to ensure the safe operation of machinery and equipment at all times
- To manage vehicle lifts using floor-standing jacks ensuring all relevant safety procedures are observed
- To maintain work record books/ documentation and input into the depot quality systems
- To comply to all safety processes, COSHH regulations and environmental policies set out, including the control of emissions, management of solvents and the recycling of waste products within all areas of work
- To adhere to all occupational policies and procedures whilst working, including compliance to drugs and alcohol policies
- To ensure that all work is efficiently planned, controlled and undertaken in a safe manner to the standards
- To maintain a safe and tidy work station/ workshop to ensure all tasks are completed to the highest quality within the production deadlines set.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
- Time-served electrician with relevant trade qualifications e.g. City & Guilds/ NVQ Level 3 or BTEC Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of railway rolling stock and multiple unit fleets is advantageous
- Familiarity with relevant workshop tools including hand-held power tools and bench tools. Experience in using welding and cutting tools also required
- Previous experience gained using associated plant and machinery such as fork lift truck driving or operating mobile elevating work platforms is advantageous
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A willingness to assist with wider operational tasks and to learn and undertake training in new skills/ assist in the coaching of others
- Ability to work under own initiative whilst being aware of the larger team and all elements of the project process to ensure the highest quality of finish and on time delivery
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks when required. Good judgement and decision making.
- Ability to read and interpret industry drawings and specifications as required.
OTHER WORKING REQUIREMENTS/NOTES:
- As duties and responsibilities change, the job role/ spec will be reviewed and amended
- The role requires an openness to flexible working, to work additional hours/ overtime when necessary to assist the delivery of a project. The ability to locate to other sites/ projects when required is desirable
- All work is subject to the contract duration and work is contracted for that duration only unless otherwise agreed.
To apply for this job email your details to Aimip.91D013489.email@example.com