MUST HAVE relevant experience in a hospital or similar setting with individuals with complex health needs and assisting with health care tasks such as medication via peg & suction training.
Job Description Healthcare Assistant
Reports to: Registered Manager
30 hour permanent contract, paying £13 as you will be a higher level HCA
Main Purpose of Job: To be part of a team offering a comprehensive residential service to children and young people, the aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional care, and development of the residents.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To carry out duties in line with the clients policies and procedures
• To act a key worker to specific young people.
• To promote structure, boundaries and domestic routines within the home.
• To be fully aware of safeguarding and child protection issues.
• To fully understand the reporting process of child protection within the home.
• To understand the principles of safeguarding ones self.
• Working in line with young peoples care plans, health plans and risk assessments.
• Assisting in health promotion and development of the young people.
• To work in accordance with the National Minimum Standards and co-operate with any inspection process.
• Provide a positive role model for the young people, presenting yourself in a highly professional manner.
• Work in partnership with other agencies to the benefit of the young people.
• Participate in, and complete reports for, Statutory Reviews and meetings concerning the young people.
• Undertake relevant training programmes as required by the National Minimum Standards and the Company.
• Complete and maintain administrative records as required by the home.
• Provide and participate in leisure activities in line with the care plan of the young people.
• Develop and maintain appropriate working relationships with families.
• Attend and participate in supervision and staff meetings as required in the National Minimum Standards.
• Work in partnership with colleagues and other professionals to meet the social, emotional, education, health and mental health needs of young people.
• Awareness and responsibility for the Health and Safety of the home, young people and yourself.
• Supporting young people with education in a non-teaching capacity.
• You must co-operate with the Company in complying with the Health and Safety requirements and are therefore expected to follow Company policies and familiarise yourself with the Fire, Health and
Safety Procedures at your place of work and report any unsafe practices and conditions.
• To lead the team in all health related tasks as per the young people’s care plan.
• To offer advice and guidance in the absence of a medical practitioner, following NICE guidelines.
• The candidate will have relevant hospital based experience or knowledge and strong good practice ethics of working with those with complex health needs for a minimum of 12 months.
To apply for this job email your details to Samantha.01F958470.firstname.lastname@example.org