A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a leading logistics business based in Crewe within their Nights Logistics Operation. Working 4 on 4 off shifts 6pm – 6am, these positions are initially temporary to permanent vacancies after a qualifying period.
Working at their Logistics Head Office they operate between two large distribution centres locally. They are seeking Logistics Planning Coordinators to liaise with various departments within the business to ensure that daily loads are accurate and optimising the loading process to maximise trailer volume to meet daily demands. These roles are based working within a fast paced, ever changing environment; therefore the ideal candidates will have previous transport/logistics experience working with WMS systems, ideally GEAC.
Daily duties to include:
- Working as part of a busy team, liaising with transport, operations and warehouse seniors to coordinate daily loads
- Planning deliveries and prioritising loads as required
- Calculating weight and size of the loads
- Attending daily briefings
- Optimising loading process to ensure that daily deliveries are scheduled
- Resource planning
- Solving problems as they arise in a timely and effective manner
- Ensuring picking documentation is uploaded and completed accordingly
- Inputting accurate scheduling information onto WMS
- Using GEAC daily
- Making informed decisions as they arise and having the autonomy to take control
- Liaising with drivers and third party hauliers via phone and email
These positions are available with an immediate start. We are seeking candidates who are effective at prioritising daily tasks, have a keen eye for attention to detail and are confident and effective communicating both face to face and over the phone.
Please call for more information 01782 712230
To apply for this job email your details to Keeley.0253C0D70.firstname.lastname@example.org