Maintenance Engineer (Water Treatment Experience)
Salary : £26-£33k dependent on skills and experience. £1k callout allowance.
Shift Based : Full Time – 12hr Days Rota (6am-6pm) includes weekends.
- Provide support to the Growing Team should a breakdown occur incorporating: –
- Timely response
- Accurate fault finding
- Where necessary liaise with third party equipment engineers to assist in fault finding / diagnosis
- Providing clear communication to the Growing Team / Managers.
- Where appropriate provide options and solutions.
- Ensure effective handover to Growing where appropriate.
- Carry out routine and preventative maintenance tasks as part of the defined daily/weekly/monthly schedule. Ensuring this is done to the necessary high standard and recorded accurately.
- Carry out and record routine checks on water quality.
- Work with external contractors where necessary and act as the primary site contact ensuring their compliance with safety and hygiene standards at all times.
- Identify, report and resolve, where appropriate, issues you see with the business where equipment is not operating efficiently or safely.
- As agreed with your Line manager take ownership of key parts of the site equipment / facilities and become the designated “site expert”
- As agreed with your Line Manager take ownership of certain improvement projects.
- As agreed with your Line Manager place orders for spares and service visits as required.
- Always work within the safety and food safety guidelines of the business.
- Comply with all appropriate HR policies.
- Strongly self-motivated
- Proactive / takes the initiative.
- Ability to work effectively alone and as part of a team.
- Clear communicator within the team and to other key stakeholders.
- Treats Production team as a customer.
- Passion to improve ways of working
Qualification, Skills & Experience
- Recognised Engineering Qualified.
- >5 years working hands in industry on as an engineer or technician. Ideally in Food.
- Excellent problem solver and fault finder.
- Knowledge of water recycling, pumped & dosing systems would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of H&E legislation in a factory/industrial environment.
If you think you have the right skills to join, please get in touch.
To apply for this job email your details to Larab.024DAD500.firstname.lastname@example.org