Management Support Senior
|Job:||Management Support Senior|
|Reports to:||Service Manager|
Additional payment for the senior on-call cover duties.
|Hours:||Up to 37.5 hours per week on a shift system, including out of hours working.|
|Up to 28 days holiday per year pro rata inclusive of bank holidays.
Enhanced pay for Bank Holiday working.
Company Pension Scheme.
Minimum QCF/NVQ level 3 in care or equivalent & commitment to own professional development.
Experience of working with Adults or Children who have physical and learning disabilities: providing personal care and support and the administration of medication and clinical interventions.
Experience of assessing the needs of vulnerable people and developing effective risk management plans and support plans.
Experience of supervising / directing staff and taking responsibility for performance / standards of service delivery. The ability to coordinate and manage unexpected situations and demonstrate an ability to overcome difficult situations, setbacks and pressure.
Experience of using IT equipment and software packages to develop staff rosters, support plans, risk assessments and reports.
Full driving licence and use of a car is essential to this role along with a willingness to drive approved company vehicles or service user vehicles as required .
To have the ability to help coordinate shifts and delegate work to staff with the ability to use own initiative.
Nature of the post
Role and Function:
- To act as a lead member of the team and assist the Service Management in giving the highest standard of care possible to all the people we support.
- Help to develop and facilitate individual support plans and risk assessments.
- Help develop behaviour management support plans and work with the team In a positive way whilst implementing the plans.
- To understand the importance of the need for confidentiality in all matters at all times.
- To act as a role model in conjunction with colleagues to create a safe, clean and secure environment for all service users, their relatives and visitors.
- To take overall responsibility in ensuring the running of the home/service is to its highest possible standard.
- Act accountably as a resource and role model for the junior staff.
- Adopt a forward thinking approach to care provided and where applicable, act as an advocate in conjunction with the staff team.
- To work in a variety of settings if needed, in order to support people in their family home, and when accessing community resources.
10. To help develop the skills of staff needed when supporting people with their health, social, emotional and psychological wellbeing.
11. To provide support, advice and information to the persons parents, other carers and involved professionals as required.
12. Once trained, provide and carry out clinical duties necessary to meet the people’s health needs on a daily basis.
13. Help with the training and mentoring of staff including health care procedures and assessing competencies.
14. Carry out finance checks and audits as directed by the Service Manager.
15. Develop, organise and oversee the rota to ensure the service has suitable cover in order to meet the people’s physical and emotional needs.Lead on other administrative tasks such as Maintaining Bright HR systems, completing weekly hours ,verifying timesheets, salary deductions /overtime etc.
16. Identify training requirements for members of the team and actively support team members to develop within their role and makerecommendations to the Service Manager.
17. To undertake any other duties reasonably requested by the Management.
To apply for this job email your details to Kalaba.5231C5775.firstname.lastname@example.org