Job Title: Night Shift Supervisor
Salary: Up to £29,000 DOE
The role of the Night Shift Supervisor will be similar to the following:
- Completing in-house reports to provide data required by the Outbase Manager, Regional Manager and Head Office on a daily basis.
- Checking that all vehicles leaving the Outbase are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements.
- Effectively manage your team including HR issues, recruitment and engagement.
- Ensure that all Employees are complying with the training to provide a safe working environment for everyone.
- Complete alcohol testing when required.
- Communicate with our Self Employed Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner.
- Take responsibility for managing resource on each shift.
- Training for new starters to include Safe Systems of Work and Health & Safety.
- Team Briefings on a daily/weekly basis.
- People and Development Meetings/Engagement activities.
Skillsand Expereince required in order to be considered for the Night Shift Supervisor posiotion:
- Previous experience within a Team Leader or Supervisory role.
- People Management skills including HR processes.
- Some awareness of Transport, Logistics, Distribution or Warehousing.
- Knowledge of transport legislation and compliance to ensure all of our vehicles are legally compliant.
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure.
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence.
- Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone.
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks.
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages.
- Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level.
- Strong communicator.
The role of the Nightshift Supervisor will oversee the Night operation at our Croydon Outbase, ensuring the Outbase and the team of Transhipping Operatives along with the fleet of vehicles and our customer’s products are cared for and well looked after. Managing a team of Transhipping Operatives in the loading and unloading of products, your aim is to make sure every product is ready for delivery in first class condition to each of our customer’s the next day. All of our vehicles need to be road worthy, legal and compliant which you will hold responsibility for through also supervising the De-Briefer on shift.
If you think you would be right for the Night Shift Supervisor role then please contact Hannah – 01782 712 230
To apply for this job email your details to Hannahp.82595BC88.email@example.com