We have a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the UK’s leading logistics and freight companies based in Stoke on Trent as an Operations Manager overseeing the exports team.
- Manage the efficient day to day operation of the Sea & Air services
- Providing a high level of customer service at all times and building good business relationships with clients
- Collaboration with and support of UK Airfreight Pricing should be ongoing
- Manage the effective invoicing of customers in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop and manage processes within the service to ensure the efficient quotation, collection and delivery of goods to customers
- Introduce and monitor key performance indicators to evaluate the quality of the service provided
- Monitor and report on staff performance, identifying areas for improvement, training/development as appropriate
- Attend annual appraisal meeting with Manager and conduct the annual appraisal of staff, delegating to trained managers where appropriate
- Identify skills gaps and training needs
- Analyse and report on operational performance including financial costs, staffing, resources, customer feedback as required
- Comply with and communicate Company policy, in particular, health and safety and equal opportunities
- Maintaining and establishing relationships with customers new and old
- Rate negotiation with providers to ensure maximum profit per shipment
- Strong demonstrable communication skills with both external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to lead, and work effectively in a matrix organisation
- Knowledge and Use of Destin8 system, and customs clearances using ASM Sequoia
- Ability to coach and inspire peers
- Extensive knowledge & experience of ocean export processes
- High-level knowledge and & experience of airfreight processes
- Accurate – You are highly motivated by getting it right first time
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for updates, recruitment information, new vacancies and more!
To apply for this job email your details to SafinaB.41CCB5044.firstname.lastname@example.org