We have a fantastic opportunity to join one of our leading clients as their Plant Processing Manager. This opportunity is based at their brand new Plastic Processing Facility based in Shropshire. The company is rapidly expanding and are looking for Key members to join the Management team to help drive the business even further forward.
This is a great opportunity to run, grow and manage a world class and state of the art plastic processing facility which separates plastic polymers into their individual components, using specialised sortation techniques.
You will have overall responsibility for all Operational Plant Processes and site related activities, to ensure optimal performance of all the teams through effective line management and focusing on KPI’s.
You will be monitoring, maintaining and improving, as necessary, the quality of products, volumes and the working environment.
Working closely with the team and Engineering function it will be paramount to maximise up-time of the plant ensuring maximum Operational Productivity and Cost Efficiency.
This role ensures that necessary all HSE Objectives and legal obligations are met.
What you will be doing day to day:
- Enforce and maintain the Company Health & Safety Policy, ensuring the Health and Safety of all employees is a priority, built on strong SSOW.
- Meet all compliance and legal requirements, whilst having a clear understanding and adherence to company policies across the team in relation to site operations
- Make Training & Development a priority, focusing on promoting multi skilling within the teams
- Monitor & maintain key performance indicators (KPI’s) ensuring the plant runs cost effectively and to the highest levels of productivity.
- Introduce Lean Manufacturing Techniques and a robust 5S Process that will maintain the plant to the highest standard of housekeeping and organisation.
- Identify opportunities to improve the performance of the operations through the application of Lean Manufacturing Techniques, introducing clear visual management.
- Recruit and appraise staff, ensuring a strong team is built focusing on quality in everything they do in a safe and clean working environment.
- Organise and motivate competent teams and individuals, whilst developing there their capabilities
- Ensure with the support of a dedicated polymer lab that the plastics produced are at the highest possible quality and purity.
Key knowledge and Skills for the Plant Processing Manager:
- Knowledge of sortation techniques desirable.
- Proven record of interrogating process data to make correct operational and quality related decisions.
- Focused on the detail and root cause analysis EG Using 8 Disciplines of Problem Solving (8D), Six Sigma.
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of plastic extrusion techniques or processing desirable but not essential.
- Proven record of operational management preferably in a start-up facility.
- Experience of running technical processing plants.
- Demonstratable experience in managing across shift patterns.
- Demonstrable initiative, showing ownership of operational delivery.
- Acting with confidence, operating well under own direction based on targeted KPI’s.
- Organising and motivating teams and individuals.
- Strong Leadership and People Management skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships quickly.
- A strong tenacious character who is willing to question the status quo.
- Strong employee relations skills.
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient with the ability to motivate and drive others.
- The ability to take on/prioritise own workload.
- Good interpersonal skills, confident in your approach.
If you are an energetic, hands on, innovative professional, this is the environment for you.
To apply for this job email your details to Keeley.824A69D98.email@example.com