JOB TITLE: Registered Residential Care Home Manager
GROUP: Social Care
SECTION: Residential Care Division
DESIGNATION OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Responsible Individual/Residential Director
MAIN SCOPE OF JOB:
• To be responsible to the Residential Director
• Day-to-day management of staff and the care and support of the residents.
• To implement and follow the homes operational policies, and the care practice standards.
• To ensure the safety of all young people accommodated in the home.
• To promote the working in partnership with the young person, their families, social worker and other involved professionals in order to meet the needs of the young person
• To provide and ensure that care is within a warm and supportive atmosphere.
• To implement individual care plans so as to ensure the welfare of each individual resident.
• To offer support and guidance to all staff members, bank staff and volunteers working within Serenity Specialist Care Limited.
• To offer full support to the Responsible individual for the home.
• Maintain the care home and meet Ofsted requirements.
• To oversee the recruitment, training process and supervision of staff.
• To conduct internal audits, regulation 44/45 reports.
• To keep abreast of developments in social services practice and theory through supervision and participation in vocational training.
• To attend meetings as required by the Senior or Residential Director as requested.
• To be individually accountable for standards of professional practice.
• In an emergency to stand in for other staff in the home if the residents would otherwise be at risk or suffer harm.
• To undertake any other related duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post.
• Being accessible to children.
• Responding to complaints from residents or their families.
• Promoting the rights and responsibilities of residents.
• Developing programmes to promote positive behavior and responding to children’s misbehaviour or disciplinary issues.
• Responding to child protection concerns and reports.
Education and Experience
1. At least two years’ experience of working (paid) with young people with a learning disability and or EBD (Emotional, behavioural difficulties) .
2. Extensive experience of the management of staff members and shift leading within the Health and Social Care sector.
3. Diploma level 4 or equivalent in care (Children & Young people).
4. Ideally achieved or working towards achieving Diploma Level 5 (Children & Young People).
To apply for this job email your details to Samantha.424308F14.email@example.com