SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER
£30,500 + ANNUAL BONUS
MONDAY TO THURSDAY 8.00AM – 5.00PM
ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED FMCG SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER? AVAILABLE TO START ASAP?
We have an exciting opportunity to join a leading FMCG client based in Crewe, Cheshire as a UK Planner, joining a small and established team. Our client is looking for an experienced Planner who is confident working with large amounts of data and has strong analytical skills. Experience in factory planning and scheduling is a must for this role. The role will involve working as a team to produce daily production plans that optimise and effectively coordinate all resources from initial order through to customer delivery.
- Prepare and communicate daily production schedules. Optimise production runs in relation to changeovers, flavour profiles, labour and machine availability. Download and interrogate reports to validate current position and make amends to plan as required. Create and allocate batches in Oracle adhering to system and technical rules.
- Generate day 1 and day 2 stock out reports and issue to the business, escalating concerns to the planning manager.
- Create job cards and warehouse pick lists and issue to the relevant department in advance. Advise on all out of lead time & customer amend requests, offering best solution whilst considering operational efficiency.
Transport Scheduling – Inbound Activity
- Download and update the goods in schedule, chasing deliveries that have not been booked and advising relevant departments of changes.
- Accurately input supplier data for purchases in advance of deliveries and chase information where required. Work with the warehouse manager to optimise inbound activity to support labour utilisation and organise back haul loading where possible.
Transport Scheduling – Outbound Activity
- Reconcile production plans with transport to ensure all despatch times can be achieved and advise the Planning Manager of any issues.
- Organise and control appropriate filing of haulier PODs. Verify customer orders and load plans, optimising inhouse Fleet first to achieve least cost solutions. Generate loads plans and communicate to internal warehouse and external hauliers to ensure customer delivery schedules are met
- As required, follow the transport approval process and make arrangements for deliveries and book in all deliveries.
- Ensure the security of the product from factory until customer acceptance, and vehicles leaving are secure and comply with transport HACCP plan on food safety and security. Ensure transportation of vehicles complies with inhouse and BRC standards on chilled food. Investigate any/resolve any breaches via timely corrective action.
- Ensure daily transport checks and make available vehicles for approved servicing.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years scheduling/factory planning experience within a FMCG environment. Understand raw materials scheduling to fulfil orders, good IT skills ideally Oracle or similar, be analytical and highly organised and be accustomed to producing daily production plans.
Please call the KPI team for more information 01782 712230 and ask for Keeley.