Support Worker | Young People Support Worker
KPI Care are working closely with a nationally based company who are looking for the right candidates to support young people leaving the care of a local authority to live in supported accommodation. In these roles, everything you do will enable people to have choices about their own lives, creating flexible services that meet people’s needs and always looking for the best way.
Essentials Things About you
You need to have experience of working in a social care setting, have a good standard of general education and be qualified to a minimum NVQ level 3 standard.
Experience in the social care setting is preferred but by no means essential. What matters most is your positive attitude to life and your desire to support people to live their life with as much independence, choice, dignity and control as possible.
Communication – we need people who
- Like being around people.
- Value input from others.
- Are good listeners.
- Are willing to try new approaches.
- Communicate openly with people.
- Articulate views with passion and understanding.
- Speak clearly using positive, simple, straightforward language.
- Articulate how they feel.
- Value the views of others.
- Are kind and thoughtful to others.
- Have a positive outlook.
- Are tolerant of people who have different views.
- See the person first not the behaviour.
- Respect others point of view.
- Are well-mannered and polite to everyone they come into contact with.
- Tackle issues with a positive frame of mind.
Cares About – we need people who
- Have a desire to be part of the social care world.
- Are enthusiastic about supporting people.
- Are patient with people.
- Behave in a person centred way.
- Are interested in the people they support.
Creative Thinking – we need people who
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Think imaginatively.
- Communicate positively with people using a range of methods.
- Are enthusiastic.
- Use their initiative.
- Present confidently.
- Freely express their views and asks questions.
Person Centred ‘must haves’ – we need people who
- A good standard of written and spoken English
- The ability to maintain records accurately
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Basic IT skills
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Commitment to developing personal & work skills
- Sensitivity, patience and trustworthiness
If you feel you have the right attributes and the role sounds a good match for you, then apply today with your most recent CV. Once received the team will evaluate and if successful we will be in touch to discuss next steps.
To apply for this job email your details to Andrewp.524D3B425.firstname.lastname@example.org