We are currently looking for 4x Warehouse Supervisors for an ever expanding firm based on the outskirts of Nantwich. Previous experience in a warehouse team leader/supervisor role is key as you will be expected to co-ordinate and drive the movement of work, man power and equipment to achieve the daily plan. You will be expected to ensure that performance, non-conformance and behaviour are challenged constructively and equally, escalated to the Manager when required. Be clear on work expectations and utilise staff according to their trained skill level.
You will be working 42 hours per week on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, between the hours of 7am – 7pm. Shift allowance is paid at an additional rate to the annual salary.
Duties will include;
- Co-ordinate the daily activity for designated zone(s). Ensure all work/movements (i.e. bookings, vehicle movements, Vas work, internal work) are dealt with in the set time frames & all systems updated accordingly.
- Ensure allocated staff are distributed in line with their skill level and trained ability to achieve the daily plan.
- Raise any equipment concerns to the Manager, with the relevant detail of what is required and why.
- If activity deviates from the current plan (vehicle no-shows etc.) highlight downtime to the Zone Supervisor Senior so labour can be re-distributed.
- Actively step up when Zone Supervisor Senior is not present
- Keep the Manager regularly updated of any staff concerns, including, under performance attitude, behaviour and non-conformity and support with corrective action where appropriate.
- Ensure H&S, Quality and Food Safety compliance requirements/standards are met. Directly challenge unacceptable behaviours and support with corrective action where appropriate.
- Working with a ‘one warehouse team’ mindset
- Responding positively to being respectfully challenged
- Ensuring the delivery of departmental actions and initiatives in line with agreed time frame
- Embracing change initiatives positively and engaging key colleagues
- Delivering against demanding and changing time scales / deadlines
You will need to;
- Be a Team player
- Have the ability to positively influence and communicate to others
- Be Assertive, Alert and Proactive
- Have good Self-awareness and self-management
- Be Customer service driven
- Have the ability to operate in a fast moving organisation
- Have the ability to effectively problem solve
Please get in touch with Lily or Hannah on email@example.com / 01782 164 630
To apply for this job email your details to Lilyj.0252D3280.firstname.lastname@example.org