I am currently looking for 4x Zone Supervisors for an ever expanding firm based in Whitchurch. Experience is key for this role as you will be expected to co-ordinate and drive the movement of work, man power and equipment to achieve the daily plan. You will be expected to ensure that performance, non-conformance and behaviour are challenged constructively and equally, escalated to the Manager when required. Be clear on work expectations and utilise staff according to their trained skill level.
You will be working 45 hours per week either on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern or Monday – Friday hours.
Duties will include;
- Co-ordinate the daily activity for designated zone(s). Ensure all work/movements (i.e. bookings, vehicle movements, Vas work, internal work) are dealt with in the set timeframes & all systems updated accordingly.
- Ensure allocated staff are distributed in line with their skill level and trained ability to achieve the daily plan.
- Raise any equipment concerns to the Manager, with the relevant detail of what is required and why.
- If activity deviates from the current plan (vehicle no-shows etc.) highlight downtime to the Zone Supervisor Level 2 so labour can be re-distributed.
- Actively step up when Zone Supervisor level 2 is not present
- Keep the Manager regularly updated of any staff concerns, including, under performance attitude, behaviour and non-conformity and support with corrective action where appropriate.
- Ensure H&S, Quality and Food Safety compliance requirements/standards are met. Directly challenge unacceptable behaviours and support with corrective action where appropriate.
- Working with a ‘one warehouse team’ mindset
- Responding positively to being respectfully challenged
- Ensuring the delivery of departmental actions and initiatives in line with agreed timeframe
- Embracing change initiatives positively and engaging key colleagues
- Delivering against demanding and changing timescales / deadlines
You will need to be;
- A Team player
- Ability to positively influence and communicate to others
- Be Diplomatic
- Assertive, Alert and Proactive
- Have good Self-awareness and self-management
- Customer service driven
- Ability to work efficiently across all areas of the Warehouse
- Ability to operate in a fast moving organisation
- Ability to openly and constructively challenge
- Ability to effectively problem solve
Please get in touch with Hannah on email@example.com / 01782 164 630
To apply for this job email your details to Lilyj.6250B8C36.firstname.lastname@example.org