- £25k - 30k per year
- Crewe, Cheshire, England
Due to continued growth and success my independent Cheshire based manufacturer and supplier have a new vacancy for a Transport Planner to work on a full-time basis. You will be joining the team in delivering outstanding customer service
Job Description and Profile
This role involves scheduling deliveries, liaising with number of production sites, coordinating with drivers, Customer Service department and customers to best meet the demand. It is a role that requires good communication skills and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Prior experience in routing vehicles (20+), preferably in farm/yard deliveries
- CPC holder (or willing to acquire the qualification with company’s assistance) ideally an international CPC
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling bagged product deliveries to customers/merchants.
- Communicating the schedule to production sites, own drivers and outside hauliers.
- Tracking the deliveries – point of contact for Customer Service dept and customers.
- Working with Transport Manager to ensure all vehicles adhere to MOT, service, cleaning schedules etc.
- Keeping all appropriate records.
Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent communication skills, good command of spoken and written English.
- Good numeracy, literacy, strong IT skills (required to work on industry specific software – training provided).
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- The successful candidate will be energetic, friendly and well presented.
- Interest in helping and working with customers.
- Full time position (37.5 hours a week, normally Monday to Friday, but involving weekend work when necessary)
- Competitive salary and pension
Salary £25,000 – 29,000
Due to location transport is required.