- £10.59 - 10.59 per hour
- Crewe, Cheshire, England
I am looking for someone to work within a large logistics firm based on the outskirts of Crewe. You will work closely very with the Manager and operational staff on a daily basis to make sure that the Outbase runs smoothly and that each customer receives their goods on time, every time.
You will work very closely with the routing team at the Head Office and provide continual support to the Self Employed Drivers throughout their day, dealing with any issues that might arise.
The Transport Admin will ensure that the daily operation runs effectively at all times. You will provide on-going support to the Drivers in making sure that deliveries throughout their day are efficiently completed, on time, every time whilst remaining legally compliant with Transport legislation and working time directives.
- Communicate with the Transport Briefers to ensure that no vehicles classed as off the road are used.
- Update daily reports for the Outbase and log any issues.
- Managing returning vehicle defects
- Fleet allocation
- Communicate with the Driver’s ensuring that any statements and paperwork is completed at the earliest opportunity
- Communicating with Shunter’s and Trunk Drivers making sure that the vehicles and trailers are allocated to the right locations
- Controlling the fuel card’s – issuing and reporting any lost or stolen to ensure that
- Record and communicate out any issues to the Transport team.
- Maximise on quality, time and cost by ensuring that all vehicles are loaded efficiently, within legal and safety guideline
- Support with performance on agreed KPI’s
- Smooth running of the night time operation
You need to be able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the absence of the Outbase Manager.
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
Hours of work 8am – 8pm on a 4 on 4 off basis, salary £20,079