CV Writing Tips- Help to Get Hired
Start with a Strong Summary/ Cover Note
- Craft a compelling CV summary that highlights your key skills and career goals.
- Align these to match the specific job you're applying for.
- It should be industry, company and job role specific.
- Design your CV as a 'Hybrid Format'- allowing you to showcase the skills and accomplishments you’ve achieved at the top of your CV while also mentioning your chronological work history in the latter part.
- Focus on quantifiable accomplishments that demonstrate your impact.
- Illustrate how you've gone above and beyond in your roles.
- Research industry-specific keywords relevant to the job you're targeting.
- Incorporate these keywords strategically throughout your CV.
- Customise your CV for each application to match the job description.
- Soft skills, such as communication and teamwork, are highly valued.
- Use specific examples to showcase how you've demonstrated these skills.
- Opt for a clean and professional CV design that's easy to read.
- Use bullet points, headings, and white space to enhance readability.
- Incorporate relevant visuals, such as icons or graphs, to illustrate achievements.
For more CV advice, or assistance in your job search, get in touch with a KPI Recruiter today.