Dispatch Team Leader
- £25k per year
- Bolton, Greater Manchester, England
Dispatch Team Leader
Monday–Friday – 2pm-10pm
KPI are proud to be representing one of the largest wholesales distributing industries based in Bolton that have been fast growing for over 20 years. Due to the extensive growth of this business, my client has an exciting opportunity for someone to join their warehouse team as a Dispatch Team Leader.
Your role will be to ensure the daily operational requirements are met and provide an impeccable service to the customer. You will always be available on the on ground to monitor and evaluate the performance of workers to ensure operations run seamlessly, whilst providing support in all areas of the warehouse operation. The team leader is expected to highlight areas of the warehouse that may need improvements along with identifying the training requirements of the warehouse team. The role is to lead by example, ensuring all staff have the sufficient coaching to achieve individual and team goals, whilst adhering to work in a safe manner.
I am looking for someone with a willingness to learn and that has a positive attitude. The right person for this position will have a high attention to detail and will be able to work on their own initiative. You will have the natural ability to lead and be able to support your team where necessary, as well as having a strong work ethic and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Managing the afternoon picking team and process ensuring all orders are completed correctly and on time according to procedure.
- Organise the workload for the dispatch team and Supervise Warehouse operatives.
- Resource planning to maximise efficiency and ensure operational success.
- Managing the daily work plan including organisation of daily picking requirements.
- Develop Warehouse operative skillset.
- Record staff development using individual training records.
- Communicate all resource and equipment needs to the Warehouse Manager.
- Ensure team’s daily picking targets and KPI’s are achieved and review individual performance against target.
- Provide detailed feedback on the team’s level of performance and assistance in training, development, and engagement.
- Ensuring the afternoon picking team have enough resources to complete their work adequately. All equipment requirements should be reported to the Warehouse Manager.
- Liaise with Goods-In Team Leader with any stock requirements/issues.
- Ensure all shipments are picked and dispatched every day whilst also picking and packing next day orders.
- Ensuring orders are picked according to Priority on the shipment page and pick slips are always printed and placed in priority pick trays.
- Ship pick lists off the internal warehouse portal.
- Hold daily meetings with the picking team to ensure everyone is aware of the daily priority and instill motivation.
- Informing the Warehouse Manager of any picking procedures enhancements to ensure the flow of the production line is kept at an optimal.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed with clear and adequate information.
- Holiday and sickness cover as and when required.
- Ensure the site is clean and tidy and health & safety is always adhered to.
- Ensuring Warehouse equipment is maintained in-line with safety procedure and policy, scheduling maintenance checks of equipment.
- Ensure the picking team are wearing their H&S PPE and new members of staff have access to their own PPE.
- Complying with H&S regulations in all aspects.
- Continuous quality improvement.
- Assisting the Warehouse Manager where needed and appropriate.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, preferably warehouse or transport-based, environment.
- IT competent with a good level of knowledge within MS Excel.
- A forklift license is preferable.
- Capable of working from own initiative whilst also following process and procedure.
- Good attention to detail and a good finisher.
- Willing to learn & positive attitude.
- Problem solver
- Clear understanding and appreciation of H&S procedures
- Experienced in stock management software
- Computer and IT literate
For more information about this role, please call Tanya on 01942 597215 or email me on TanyaS@kpir.co.uk