Driver Training Manager
- £42k - 45k per year
- Crewe, Cheshire, England
Are you a Head of Driver Training looking for a role that will give you a new challenge whilst also offering a rewarding opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives?
Do you want a role where you engage and train people in a new vocation?
Can you support and encourage people?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity this could be the job for you….
My client is a Community Interest Company, with Government backing, who have been engaged to tackle the Driver shortage across the UK. Their goal is to provide an innovative and effective way of bringing new drivers into the industry, through offering free driver training and qualifications to individuals who may be considered vulnerable or marginalised.
We have the pleasure of recruiting for a Head of Driver Training to join the team.
You will be responsible for;
- Leading the delivery of driver training programmes across the country
- Overseeing a team who will be responsible for all things training and qualification related,
- You must be an experienced Manager who is committed to giving trainees a fantastic experience throughout the programme,
- Able to Provide that extra level of support and care that may be required to encourage and engage trainees
- You will be the go to for all technical advice regarding Driver Training and Road Transport Operations for other staff and customers.
- Practical and Theoretical training of learners to both Cat C and Cat C+E test level.
- Experience of managing internal and external audits on training processes and Providers
- Sound understanding of Ofsted protocols with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding all necessary requirements
- Delivery of Driver CPC Training on several different modules.
- Delivery of ADR Regulations Training (Preferred but not Essential)
- Delivery of Transport Manager CPC Training (Preferred but not Essential)
Knowledge and Skills:
- To hold a clean ordinary driving licence and LGV Cat C and Cat C+E licence.
- Managing and motivating a team geographically dispersed.
- Coaching and Mentoring of individuals to instil confidence and develop their talents.
- Management Accounts and Budgetary control.
- Identifying opportunities for new business development
- Measuring performance to meet customer requirements.
This is a newly established firm so they are looking for people who want to grow and expand their brand. This would suit someone who wants to take the next step and has all the agility and dynamic ability that comes as part of their growth journey. However, there is the security that comes from being backed and supported by government funding and our being part of their larger organisation.
We are looking for someone who is excited by the idea of coming on the journey with us, helping the business grow and develop through the delivery of world-class training, and a shared passion of helping the industry solve the issue of driver shortage, whilst helping individuals to change their lives.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Please Call Leanne on 01782 712 230 or email Leanne@kpir.co.uk