Graduate SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Job ID: 5765631
Marple, Greater Manchester, England
£75 - 85 per day
Job Type: Full Time
Graduate SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young learners?
Do you have a heart for special education needs (SEN) and want to be a guiding light for a child's educational journey?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to become a vital part of our dedicated team in as a Graduate SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant for a primary school in Marple.
You will be based in a Year 2 class, working alongside a pupil aged 6/7. The school is committed to fostering a supportive and inclusive environment where every child can thrive. As a Graduate SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant, you'll play a crucial role in providing personalised support to a student with special educational needs, making a real difference in their educational experience.
You will be joining a team of passionate educators who collaborate closely to create a positive and enriching learning environment. Your insights and contributions will be valued as they work together to meet the unique needs of each child. You will also have the opportunity to engage in diverse learning experiences and professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and broaden your understanding of inclusive education. The school believe in investing in their staff's growth and development.
The school boasts innovative teaching methods where you will be able to embrace the opportunity to explore innovative teaching methods and adapt your approach to cater to the individual learning styles of the students you'll be working with.
- Provide one-on-one support to the student with special educational needs.
- Adapt and differentiate instructional materials to meet the student's learning style and abilities.
- Work closely with the classroom teacher and other education professionals to implement individualized education plans (IEPs) and ensure that the student's needs are met.
- Attend meetings and contribute insights to the development and review of the student's educational plan.
- Implement strategies to manage and address challenging behaviors, fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Collaborate with the school's behavior support team to develop and implement behavior plans when necessary.
- Modify and adapt lesson plans and curriculum materials to suit the student's learning needs and abilities.
- Provide additional resources or alternative approaches to help the student grasp concepts.
- Regularly assess and monitor the student's progress in academic and social development.
- Maintain detailed records of the student's achievements, challenges, and any interventions
- Communicate effectively with parents, updating them on their child's progress and addressing any concerns.
- Collaborate with other professionals, such as speech therapists, occupational therapists, and psychologists, to ensure a comprehensive approach to the student's needs.
- Engage in ongoing professional development to stay informed about new strategies, technologies, and best practices in special education.
What’s on Offer:
- Full-time, long-term Graduate Teaching Assistant role starting immediately
- Earn up to £85 per day
- Professional Development
- Opportunities for ongoing training and career advancement
- Supportive Environment
- Join a collaborative team dedicated to creating a positive and inspiring learning environment
- Inclusive Community
- Be part of a diverse and inclusive school community that values every individual
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree (2:1 & above desirable, from a Russell Group University).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and contribute positively to the school community.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the evolving needs of the school and its students.
How to Apply:
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about helping the youngest school children navigate their way through school, so If you're ready to embark on a rewarding journey as a Graduate SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant and contribute to the growth and development of a Year 2 student, we'd love to hear from you!
To apply, contact KPI Education Cheshire by sending your CV and Cover Letter to be considered.
Apply for this job:
Click here to apply for this job.