Bookkeeper/Accounts Manager (Construction)
- £30k - 35k per year
- Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, England
NEWCASTLE UNDER LYME
£30,000 – £35,000 PER ANNUM
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our leading client who are specialists within the construction industry. They require an Accounts Manager/Bookkeeper to work in their open plan office, responsible for the company accounts working closely with the Accountant and Board of Directors.
On their behalf, we are seeking a highly organised and experienced construction Bookkeeper who can ensure budgets, timelines and job costs are accurate and oversee all financial transactions for the company. This will include accounts payable/receivable, payroll and bank reconciliation.
Duties to include:
- Processing payments, invoices, income and receipts and entering data into accounting software or databases
- Preparing financial statements showing business income and expenditure
- Paying vendor invoices and tracking bank account balances
- Verifying the accuracy of business accounts and alerting the Accountant of errors
- Recording any inconsistencies to help the Accountants reconcile inaccuracies
- Developing monthly financial statements including cash flow, profit and loss and balance sheets
- Preparing employee wages monthly including sub contractor wages weekly
- Managing employee expense claims
- Managing company credit limits
- Helping the Accountant with administrative duties and preparing yearly accounts
- Weekly and monthly payroll input and journal reconciliations
- Calculation and processing of VAT returns Monthly/quarterly
- Calculation of P32 Monthly
- Knowledge of C.I.S
- Weekly cash flow reporting
- Weekly reconciliation of sales and stock
The ideal candidate will have 2 years + experience working within the construction industry with knowledge/experience of CIS and the Zero Vat charge.
Accounting system: Sage would be highly advantageous
Working Monday to Friday 8.00am-5.00pm with one hours lunch.
The company offers 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, accruing one day a year up to 25 days, private health care and other company benefits!