Commercial Data Analyst
- £33k - 34k per year
- Wigan, Greater Manchester, England
Job Title: Commercial Data Analyst (Assistant to the Commercial Manager)
Hours: Full time, office based (with option to work every other Friday from home)
Salary: £33,000+ (DOE)
About the Role
Commercial analysts play a key role in business contracts and agreements. Responsible to the commercial manager and working in collaboration with other company professionals, you will assist in the examination of a contract’s terms and conditions, ensuring that any set rules are abided by and conform to industry standards.
The role will require you to conduct close examinations using mathematical models and predictive economic research of a company’s revenue, operations, expenses, and competition.
You will identify relevant patterns and discrepancies and use this analysis to determine policy changes that improve the business’ functioning and profits. Within the role you will support the External Sales Team with the most accurate and effective price management in accordance with pricing guidelines and margin management process.
This position requires an exceptional individual who can build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
You will be responsible for Creating and Analysing Commercial data, Preparing Tenders, Account Analysis, Creation and Maintenance of Management Reports and supporting the External Sales Team and Design & Technical department to deal with Business Improvement Projects analysis and resolutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, understanding their commercial and product propositions.
- Obtaining quotations from supply partners, maximizing commercial position and opportunities for the company.
- Prepare and Collate and Analyse Tender information, working with other key departments.
- Keep up to date with market development, market trends and competitor landscape.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior management team for the organisation of customer meetings & reviews.
- Generate customer reports and pricelists. Analyse reports and data and provide updates to the business and customer in line with company procedures.
- Support the business in maximizing revenue and margin retention across the existing customer account base.
- Evaluating Sales Performance.
- Input, format, integrate, analyse, and interpret data to guide strategic decisions.
- Create statistical & financial models for key business concepts like pricing, risk, and market.
- Create reports, visualizations, and dashboards to inform sales and management.
- Adhoc management cover as required.
The successful candidate will have a degree or other higher education qualification in a relevant or related field be an energetic individual with strong IT skills and analytically minded. You will have excellent attention to detail and be experienced with data entry, manipulation, and analysis. You will be a pro-active individual with excellent customer service and administration-based skills and be both enthusiastic and professional in your approach. To be the perfect candidate for this role you will need to be open minded, adaptable, and have a willingness to learn!
About The Team
You will be working in a small commercial department; this will consist of yourself, the commercial administrator, and the commercial manager. Although you will be working in a small team, there is a large department consisting of 7 account managers, a design team and HR team, so the office will always be full of life and energy! They are looking for someone who is charismatic, driven, and motivated, who will fit in well.
- Excellent communication skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Confident and persuasive individual with good negotiation skills
- Ability to recommend and implement strategies
- Highly organisational with good time management and administrative skills
- Flexible approach and used to working under pressure with tenacity
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Have a strong sense of accountability
- Enthusiastic and open approach
- Strong Excel abilities (Pivot Tables, VLookups etc.)
- Precise attention to detail
- The ability to identify and discern patterns in data
- The ability to devise solutions based upon the data
- Relevant office-based work experience
- Able to drive and access to a vehicle
What You Will Receive
- Competitive salary of £33,000 + (DPE)
- 25 days holiday
- 4.5% matched pension contribution
- Free Costa tea and coffee
- Every other week Friday home working (optional)
For more information, please call Tanya on 01942 597215 or email TanyaS@kpir.co.uk
NOTE: THIS ROLE IS U.K BASED. ALL APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE U.K WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. IT IS FULL TIME, OFFICE BASED, IN WIGAN, NORTH WEST, U.K.