Graduate Home Tutor
Job ID: 5888330
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
£425 - 600 per week
Job Type: Full Time
Graduate Home Tutor
Are you a recent graduate from a reputable university, holding a 2:1 or higher?
Perhaps you also have experience in special education needs (SEN)/care, or have completed a Psychology or related degree?
Does the importance of ensuring all students have fair and equal access to education, despite complex emotional needs such as anxiety, resonate with you?
A bustling, 12 FE secondary school based in south Sheffield is hoping to attract a compassionate individual to support students dealing with EBSA as a Graduate Home Tutor.
- EBSA stands for Emotional Based School Avoidance. Following the COVID Pandemic, many students have developed significant anxiety about returning to school, and have either stopped attending entirely or have a very low attendance rate.
This school is seeking a highly academic, empathetic individual to provide home- based tutoring to students who are unable to attend school due to their emotional needs. The ideal candidate will have experience with SEN or care – though this is not a requitement – and will be able to drive to each student’s home. This Graduate Home Tutor role offers extremely valuable experience, and a rare opportunity to develop managements skills alongside teaching skills.
Click ‘Apply Now’ or send your CV and Cover Letter to Andy at KPI Education.
Graduate Home Tutor role:
- Competitive Earning Potential: Daily rate of £85 - £120 for the right candidate
- Varied Role: Hands on, multifaceted role with management experience available
- Flexible Working Hours: Flexibility available in choosing working hours
- Reliable Income: Full-time, long-term role
- Salary Conversion Available: Strong candidates may be offered a permanent contract at the school’s discretion
- Highly Academic institution: Ofsted ‘Good’ rating, ‘best state school for A-levels in Sheffield’
- Collaborative Environment: Work with a creative inclusion department in a well-organised school
- Good Location: Easily reached on public transport from city centre
- Immediate Start: Interviewing now
- Continuous Professional Development: Valuable experience in management, relationship building, safeguarding, teaching and more
- Learn from Experienced Educators: Work closely with an inspiring special education needs coordinator
This well respected and high achieving school, located in south Sheffield, has built a strong reputation for the support and attention afforded to its students, with some of the best A-Level results in the city coming from this institution. As a Graduate Home Tutor, you will use your excellent academic background and natural confidence and compassion to support the academic progress of students dealing with EBSA. Your ability to foster a relationship with students dealing with EBSA will be crucial to the role, and your management of these relationships alongside the academic support that you provide will have a meaningful impact on the lives of targeted learners. Furthermore, the home setting of this role offers a rare opportunity to develop a relationship with the parents of these targeted learners – making this Graduate Home Tutor role an extremely varied and exciting position.
Candidates coming from a care background, or possessing experience working with SEN will be in a very strong position to apply for this Graduate Home Tutor role – and these experiences will inform the exceptional academic and emotional support that you will deliver to targeted students. Equally, if you do not have experience in these settings, a Psychology degree would be advantageous.
Despite the school’s size and high volume of students, operations in this institution are extremely well-organised and run with impressive smoothness. Benefiting from a forward-thinking inclusion department, with which you will work closely if successful, this Graduate Home Tutor role represents a chance to receive thorough, in-depth training from experienced educators, in a variety of areas from SEN to relationship management. Candidates who wish to pursue careers in Clinical Psychology or school management, need look no further than the outstanding professional development opportunities afforded by this Graduate Home Tutor role.
If you are excited by the opportunity to provide targeted academic support to young learners who need it most, and rekindle a positive relationship with education, then click ‘Apply Now’ or send your CV and Cover letter to Andy at KPI Education for more details on this Gradate EBSA Home Tutor role!
Graduate Home Tutor– Rekindle curiosity, ignite a passion for education through empathy and support – Sheffield based secondary school
Apply for this job:
Click here to apply for this job.