KPI Recruiting are looking for a HGV Vehicle Technician to join one of our well established clients based in Liverpool on a temp-perm contract.
Working on a 4 week shift rota, the successful Candidate will work throug KPI Recruiting for 12 weeks and direct for the Company thereafter.
- Technician is responsible for carrying out the full range of Inspection, diagnosis, maintenance and repair procedures on HGVs and tankers.
- Adhere to all current production control processes and procedures.
- Undertake all work to a minimum of MOT standard as detailed in MOT Testers Manual/s or vehicle manufacturer publications and manuals
- Application of preventative maintenance routines.
- Continual safe use of all VMU tools, hand-tools, plant and equipment.
- To accurately use and interpret outputs from vehicle diagnostic equipment in line with manufacturer guidelines.
- Ensure standard working process and procedures are followed, and that associated documentation is fully completed as directed
- Strict compliance with relevant Legal and Workshop Policy & procedures in order to protect ALG Vehicle Operator Licences, and ensure the continual road worthiness of vehicles.
You will be rquired to hold a full HGV1 licence as part of your responsibilities will be driving the trucks to the MOT centre.
The ideal candidate will need the following:
- BTEC National Motor Vehicle Engineer or City & Guilds MVCS Parts 1 and 2 or NVQ Levels 1,2,3 IMI Technical Certificate (or equivalent older C&G qualifications)
- Must hold HGV1 Licence
Salary: Salary £31.8k plus enhanced weekend rate. Monday to Friday day shifts and guaranteed hours.
For more information please contact our Wigan Office on 01942 597215.