Senior Commercial Analyst
- £35k - 40k per year
- Crewe, Cheshire, England
Senior Commercial Analyst
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 per annum DOE
My client pride themselves on customer satisfaction and this is at the heart of everything they do, they are determined to make a difference and change the world for the better….from massive changes to tiny tweaks – making a difference is what keeps them driven! Due to continued growth, they are now looking for an experienced and professional individual who want to learn and help others achieve. You will be a glass-half-full-type who has an appetite for a better tomorrow!
I am recruiting for a driven and proactive Senior Analyst to join an exciting and ever-growing UK Logistics Business, focusing on commercial finance performance.
You will add value to the business, taking ownership of developing the commercial P&L, driving forward performance of the retail business through insightful investigation, analysis and the implementation of accurate forecast models.
You will build collaborative relationships with Senior Management, Finance Teams, Traders, Supply chain and the wider Commercial team, to positively impact performance and strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- The production, development and distribution of the UK retail P&L, key metrics and commentary.
- Working closely with the wider commercial team to understand key drivers of revenue and profitability.
- Providing insightful reporting to senior stakeholders across all metrics as required.
- Driving improvement throughout the P&L, challenging key metrics and identify areas of opportunity within our offering.
- Building forecasting models to demonstrate current performance and expected future value.
- Using third party data to analyse market share and areas of over/under performance.
- Educating, supporting and policing the business in pursuit of all relevant sales and profitability metrics.
- Adding full commercial control to all decisions in your area, considering the P&L contribution impact of your actions.
In order to be successful, you will possess:
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set.
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- 3+ years’ experience of working within a commercial or accounting function pulling together financial reporting.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in building forecasting models, working with multiple stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of Power BI or other similar visualization and analytical tools is desirable but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ever-growing business who offer great benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.