Job ID: 5767432
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England
£27k - 32k per year
Job Type: Full Time
We are working with our client based in Stoke-on-Trent to recruit for a Transport Planner on a permanent basis.
Monday to Friday
Up to £32,000 per annum
- To plan the national and local vehicle and trailers resources in the most cost effective and compliant manner, achieving profitability and service excellence.
- Plan and allocate all national and local vehicle and trailer resources ensuring optimum utilisation and profitability within the constraints of cargo availability, vehicle availability, customer requirements and legal restrictions.
- Prepare and produce Vehicle and Load Manifests and customer paperwork and present to the Warehouse and assigned drivers.
- Provide the main point of contact for the national drivers.
- Liaise and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Transport administration and data update within various operating systems.
- Assist the National Transport Supervisor in the management and allocation of the fleet’s headcount.
- Provide a friendly and helpful Driver Reception service, greeting each driver and allocating their vehicle keys and Manifest of work up, until the main shift commences.
- Support and actively participate in answering incoming calls.
- Be reactive to daily problems and be prepared to be reactive to emergencies.
- Any duties / tasks as requested by your Line Manager or a Director.
- Vehicle costings, revenues and profitability.
- Sub-contractor uses and costs.
- Driver’s overtime.
- Have a clear understanding of the Company's policies, procedures and vision and how the Transport and Fleet Departments contributes and complies to these.
- Ensure that Drivers Hours and Working Directive Regulations are adhered to by all drivers and mobile workers and that accurate records are maintained in accordance with the Company’s legal obligations.
- Ensure vehicles are not overloaded.
- Vehicle and drivers’ cards are correctly downloaded in accordance with Company procedures.
What you’ll need:
- General Haulage route planning experience
- Routing and management of 30+ vehicles
- Vehicle weights and legal limits
- Drivers’ Hours and Working Time Directive Regulations
- Operators’ Licence obligations, undertakings and Regulations
- Road Traffic Laws
- Construction and Use Regulations
- Vehicle costs
- Microsoft Word and Excel at entry level
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Calm and ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to hours of work
- Applies attention to detail
- 24 days annual leave increasing to 25 in 2024 plus 8 bank holidays
- Discount Platform
- Full training and support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Extensive learning opportunities
- Employee Engagement Forum
- Reward and Recognition programme
- Monthly Pay Day Treat Day
Interested? Please call Olivia on 01782 712230 or email Oliviac@kpir.co.uk
Apply for this job:
Click here to apply for this job.