Business Development Executive
- £30k - 32k per year
- Trentham, Staffordshire, England
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
£32,000 + EXCELLENT BONUS OPPORTUNITIES ( A car is NOT included in this package, but a pool car will be made available for customer/site visits)
KPI Recruiting are working with one of our long standing clients for the placement of a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER to be based within the Trentham head office where you will form part of the commercial office function. The company have been established for 35 years who are a leading specialist in their industry. Their team of project co-ordinators, CAD Draftspersons, CNC Specialists, machinists and tradesmen work together to create superior products to their exclusive clients across the UK.
They pride themselves in their collaborative approach to their customers; meeting exacting standards of quality, design, delivery and installation, ensuring that they offer a professional service for all customers. Due to their continued growth and success, there is a brand new opportunity for someone to join the team as a business development manager.
As a business development manager you will be responsible for the management of the sales team development and growth of a small but specialist business unit. This extremely well known Stoke-on-Trent based company is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to head up the growth of their specialist department.
The role involves the management of a small team of technical staff along with the personal responsibility for sales and business unit development. You will focus on the Construction Industry which will involve a consultative sales strategy where you will develop strong relationships for repeat business, identifying market opportunities where the manufacturing services can be sold.
YOU WILL BE
For this role, we are looking for candidates who are comfortable visiting clients on occasion, you will have the ability to engage in a highly professional and credible manner, asking incisive questions regarding the use of our products and service. The successful candidate will be familiar with proposal creation for products to the industry and will have the ability to competently present the various features and benefits. In particular this role will suit someone with excellent attention to detail, long term planning skills and a collaborative approach.
The role is split approximately 70/30 between sales and team management and it is a hands on role in a small progressive business unit. You will have successful sales team development and management track record in sales and business development, have gained experience within a similar multi-disciplinary environment and knowledge of a manufacturing industry is advantageous! **** Candidates with appropriate Sales and Management history in a manufacturing B2B business preferred ****
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager and Senior Management Team, key activities include:
- Gain an understanding of the market sectors, customers, competitors and opportunities.
- Evaluate existing team and business unit practices.
- Implement changes to streamline workflow, liaising with management and colleagues to embed new practices.
- Develop and lead a new sales strategy liaising with the Sales and Marketing Manager to establish objectives, targets, and measurement processes.
- Assist in the ongoing recruitment and development of staff.
- Identify business opportunities and develop stronger customer base, focusing particularly on key strategic market sectors.
- Lead high quality, major tender submissions and subsequent presentations.
- Help monitor clients’ objectives and satisfaction plus take a pro-active role in client care and relationship development.
- Maintain information systems; keep records and customer data and provide key marketing information.
- Observe, review and report on competitor activity.
- Create and provide regular KPI reports for team and other appropriate reports for Directors and management meetings.
- Assist with marketing and maintaining business unit’s presence with email campaigns, on social media, in websites and other communication methods.
YOU WILL BE
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of moving opportunities forward to ultimate success in a similar industry and role plus an ability to work on multiple projects
- Comfortable understanding architectural and engineering drawings; use of CAD would be beneficial.
- An excellent communicator
- Able to demonstrate Leadership qualities
- Have excellent planning and organisation skills
- A strong relationship builder who gains support from internal and external contacts
- Have exceptional analytic skills; confident with Word, Excel and general reporting
- Professional but amiable and able to communicate with people at all levels.
- Enthusiastic and committed to business goals with a genuine and positive approach to teamwork and supporting colleagues.
- Settled and secure personal life.
Applicants must have a full clean UK driving license.
Please can you