- Market related
- Stafford, Staffordshire, England
Our clients aim is to deliver fast, quality, and cost-effective solutions worldwide. They now employ over 250+ people in the UK and at this period of our client’s growth, it would be an extremely exciting and challenging opportunity to join their team as a Customs Manager as they strive to be the best in their industry.
Key responsibilities involve but are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility for import/export processes
- Reducing and eliminating wait in customs to ensure goods are delivered to customers on time
- Managing the Global Trade Team
- Keeping up to date with customs legislation and regulations
- Minimising disruption caused by supply chain delays
- Ensure all goods are appropriately expedited, monitored and declared
- Directly managing and improving existing processes
- Keeping up to date with UCC changes, sanctions, embargoes, conformity issues for exporting
- Managing the relationships with their Global Carriers, ensuring the company is getting the best deals and the most cost-effective carriers for the right locations
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, managing global exports/imports
- System savvy and ability to work in different systems simultaneously
- Hands on and driven approach
- In depth knowledge and experience of customs regulations and procedures in a global environment
- Able to change your approach to suit changing goals
- Proactive in trying to solve problems by taking responsibility
If this is something you may be interested in, APPLY NOW or call the team on 01782 712230.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.