Graduate Maths Teaching Assistant
Job ID: 5765724
Sandbach, Cheshire, England
Job Type: Full Time
Graduate Math’s Teaching Assistant
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic graduate with a strong foundation in mathematics?
Are you eager to make a positive impact on the next generation?
If so, we want you to join our dynamic team in the heart of Sandbach!
An opportunity has arisen for a committed Maths Graduate to join a secondary school in Sandbach as a Graduate Maths Teaching Assistant for the rest of the academic year. The school are looking to boost attainment levels by providing additional support to students who are falling behind their targeted grades for a variety of reasons. This is where you may come in – to work with these students closely and helping them grasp areas of the curriculum that they consistently struggle with.
- Assist the math teacher in managing the classroom, maintaining order, and creating a positive learning environment.
- Provide support during instructional time, helping students with questions and clarifications.
- Work with students on a one-on-one basis or in small groups to reinforce math concepts.
- Provide additional explanations, examples, and practice problems to help students grasp mathematical concepts.
- Assist in the preparation of instructional materials, including worksheets, handouts, and visual aids.
- Set up and organize equipment and materials needed for math lessons and activities.
- Grade assignments, quizzes, and tests under the guidance of the math teacher.
- Provide constructive feedback to students on their work and help them understand their mistakes.
- Support students in completing math homework assignments, offering guidance and clarification as needed.
- Reinforce good study habits and time management skills.
- Assist in integrating technology into math lessons, such as using educational software, interactive whiteboards, or online resources to enhance learning.
- Communicate with parents or guardians about student progress, behavior, and any concerns.
- Work closely with the math teacher to plan and implement lessons.
- Assist in collecting and maintaining data related to student performance and progress.
By fulfilling these responsibilities, a Graduate Math Teaching Assistant contributes to a positive and effective learning environment, helping students develop a strong foundation in mathematics.
What’s on Offer:
- Full-time, long-term Graduate Teaching Assistant role starting immediately
- Earn up to £460 per week
- Professional Development
- Opportunities for ongoing training and career advancement
- Supportive Environment
- Join a collaborative team dedicated to creating a positive and inspiring learning environment
- Inclusive Community
- Be part of a diverse and inclusive school community that values every individual
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree (2:1 & above desirable, from a Russell Group University).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and contribute positively to the school community.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the evolving needs of the school and its students.
How to Apply:
If you're ready to embark on a rewarding journey in education, we want to hear from you. Please submit your CV, cover letter to KPI Education Cheshire.
Apply for this job:
Click here to apply for this job.