Job ID: 5652907
Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, England
£30k - 35k per year
Job Type: Full Time
Are you a Maintenance Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
40 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 4:30pm, Friday 7.30am to 1.30pm - additional hours as may be required with flexibility to be on call out of hours.
£30,000 - £40,000
As a Maintenance Engineer, you'll be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery (mechanical, pneumatic and electromechanical) in industrial manufacturing settings. You will also carry out routine maintenance tasks and organise repairs as well as being involved with the control and monitoring of devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance.
The role will involve working with the Maintenance Manager to come up with innovative ideas and strategies to improve development and progress the manufacturing and processing procedures within the facility. Working with the maintenance team you'll improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out routine maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new parts and ensuring equipment is working correctly
- Performing quality inspections on jobs
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Handling emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns
- The work may involve extended periods working on the factory floor and to tight deadlines in response to breakdown emergencies.
- The work may involve out of hours working including nights and weekends
- The work will involve being on call on a rota basis
- Engineering qualification or qualified to C&G (or equivalent) level and have 18th Edition IEE Regulations qualifications.
- The capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures
- The ability to lead and motivate others
- Teamworking skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- The confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- People-management skills.
- Experience with the mechanical side of machinery
You will receive:
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus 8 bank holidays;
- Rewards scheme (eligible to join after 6 months)
- Free on-site car parking;
If you’re interested and would like to apply for this position. Apply Now!
Apply for this job:
Click here to apply for this job.