- £35k - 43k per year
- Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England
£35 – 43K per annum
Monday to Friday, 9AM – 5PM; 26 Days Holiday PLUS Bank Holidays
KPI Recruiting are currently supporting a leading supplier of innovative services, based in the heart of Stoke-on-Trent. Our client are searching for a Management Account to join their busy finance department. The main purpose of this role is to oversee the production of accounts for multiple companies including the group consolidation.
As a management accountant you will have responsibility of one accountant and finance assistant.
Key responsibilities include;
- Preparation of consolidated management accounts with commentary and variance analysis for board review
- Preparation of full management accounts for the two main trading companies including production P&L’s
- Review the management accounts for two smaller companies
- Management of two direct reports.
- Margin reporting and analysis for the two group companies
- Margin and cost analysis of the production facilities.
- Preparing monthly reporting packs and KPIs
- Assist with the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for group companies
- Manage the year end audit, be the first point of contact for the external auditors
- Manage the year end corporation tax data , be the first point of contact for any tax questions.
- Weekly cash flow reporting
- Weekly debtors reporting with commentary
- Produce timely and accurate reports for the board
- Calculation and posting of Prepayments & Accruals
- Completion of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations to strict deadlines
- Continuous improvement of current processes
- Day-to-day control of group banking
- Intercompany transfers including raising sales invoices and transferring and allocating cash, recharges & reconciliations
- Foreign exchange purchasing and overseas payments
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT returns, EC Sales & Intrastat
- Fixed asset reporting
- Ad Hoc reports
- Fully qualified CIMA/ACCA with 2+ years post qualified experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Sage 200 experience would be an advantage
- Experience of managing a small team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet service needs
- IT literate (Word, Outlook, Sage)
- Advanced Excel skills (Power Query, Pivot Tables, V-Lookup)
- SQL experience would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills (telephone and interpersonal) working within a customer related environment and experience of processing a high volume of transactions
- Self-motivated and able to manage own time
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Logical mind
- Professional attitude
Interested? Apply now or alternative call Hannah at the KPI Recruiting Head Office on 01782 712 230