Residential children's worker
- £19.5k - 20k per year
- Crewe, Cheshire, England
Residential Childrens Worker
Base salary: £19,500 pa
KPI Care are working closely with a Children’s home provider in Crewe, Cheshire. We are looking for an experienced Residential Support Worker to assist the Manager in the delivery of a quality service and to meet the assured needs of children and young people.
- To work with children and young people according to the individuals needs, providing focussed work as planned and directed.
- To assist in the co-ordination of activities within the Unit and ensure that they are well managed and produce safe and consistent care.
- To be involved in and organise activities which are in the best interests and meet the needs of those looked after.
- To assist the Unit Manager in encouraging children to follow their own religion and cultural beliefs.
- To assist the Unit Manager in organising and delegating responsibilities to all staff, and planning a duty rota, including sleeping-in duties for staff.
- To promote professionalism at all times.
- To encourage the culture of flexibility and team working amongst the workforce and be prepared to work in other homes if required.
- To be an effective role model for other members of staff.
- Participate in training courses as arranged and undertake professional training if the opportunity is offered though secondment.
- To work flexible hours including: weekends, bank holidays; be available to sleep in if required, according to the needs of the service.
- Observe confidentiality at all times in relation to the Home and its residents, recognising the vulnerability of the residents.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 (or working towards) – Essential
- Knowledge of child care legislation & regulations
- Human growth and development Assessment & care planning process Health & Safety,
- Environmental Health & Fire Regulations Basis understanding of Children’s Rights
If you feel this role matches your requirements for your next move or job role, then send your CV to the team today and we will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail
#childrenshome #residentialsupport #supportworker