Job ID: 5526546
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England
Depending on Experience
Job Type: Full Time
Are you a Site Chemist that is looking for a new opportunity? My client is looking for a new member of their team to join them in Stoke on Trent on a Permanent basis.
- Ensuring all incoming consignments of wastes have appropriate paperwork (Consignment Note/Duty of Care),
- Ensuring all appropriate paperwork has been completed correctly and copies are held on site and with hauliers.
- Responsible for the completion of waste safety checks to allow acceptance to site, storage safety and processing and/or onwards transfer.
- Responsible for the completion of regular sampling of received waste to then further supply to internal laboratory for analysis.
- Ensuring incoming waste is inspected to BAT requirements in Sector Guidance Note 5.06.
- Ensuring waste is routed such that costs are minimised whilst maintaining legality and compliance.
- Waste acceptance is recorded using the SAP system.
- Non-Conformances are recorded using the SAP system, detailing all relevant information.
- Ensuring paperwork is passed through for scanning within 48 hours of arrival.
- Ensuring all waste is being appropriately stored in line with Sector Guidance and Permits.
- Ensuring all waste is labelled correctly with all relevant information.
- Processing of waste as required – to include bulking, sorting, segregating, listing and re-packing of wastes.
- Provide technical support to other members of staff on site.
- Complete relevant outgoing paperwork.
- Act as a site first aider (once trained).
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area completing housekeeping.
- To assist other teams when required.
- To perform other duties as reasonably required by the business.
- Additional duties as requested by senior management in line with the capabilities of the role holder.
- Support and contribute to Red Industries Group overall objectives and aims, in line with the role holders experience, and competence.
- Support and contribute to all aspects of “good” safety and health, daily awareness of safety issues and well being awareness.
- Fully responsible for your own and others’ health and safety
- Ensure all incidents, observations and concerns are reported through an escalation process; solutions are identified and actions, in line with Company policy.
- Ensure ideas for the improvement of safety are listened to and acted upon, involving the Health and Safety representatives and HR Management if necessary.
- Ensure non RED employees (visitors, third parties and contractors) confirm to the Health and Safety Policy including using the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Raise a Corrective Action Report for any concern or improvement opportunity.
- Compliance with all energy saving activities such as switching off lights and other equipment when not in use; switching photocopiers to standby mode, setting the thermostat at right setting; closing windows/doors when heating is on; when using, kettles fill up to what is required; and using hot water economically.
- Compliance with water saving activities such as: turning off taps properly and reporting dripping taps and water leaks to Supervisor or Manager.
- Compliance with our reduction in pollution activities, where possible reducing usage, and reusing or recycling waste; and handling all chemicals as per COSHH sheets; complying with safety rules in relation to minor spills (eg. soak up and report to manager) and major spills (eg. immediately report to a manager).
- Compliance with emissions goals when driving company vehicles or otherwise driving on company business, do so in an economical manner i.e. choosing the shortest route to a destination where possible, ensuring that vehicles are properly maintained, driving in a non-aggressive manner and always within the speed limit.
- HNC or Degree Level Qualification in Chemistry or a similar related field
- Experience of the Waste Industry is desirable
- SAP experience is desirable
- Competent Microsoft Office user, in particular Excel
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual/hands on approach
- A natural leader of processes
- Communicates well at all levels including executive level
- Makes decisions based on data, information and evidence
- Able to drive team performance and improve functional knowledge of the team through knowledge sharing
If you are interested in this position and would like to discuss further, you can contact me on 01782 712230 or Hayleighm@kpir.co.uk
Apply for this job:
Click here to apply for this job.