- £10 per hour
- Larkhall, South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Job Overview About The Role
Transhippers work on the night shift reporting directly into the Nightshift Supervisors. They need to be able to work well in a busy team with other Transhippers and Outbase operational employees including our De-Briefer.
Shift Pattern: 4 shifts on 2 days off. 22:30 start to 07:00 finish
Here’s What You Can Expect To Be Doing Does this sound like the challenge you are looking for?
As a Warehouse Operative you will play a key role in the customer journey and will make sure that the customers are at the heart of everything you do by being driven enough to ensure that the right appliance go to the right customers, on time and in excellent condition.
You will do this by;
• Working to deadlines unloading products from the trailers and loading onto 3.5t and 7.5t delivery vehicles using the correct transhipping process.
• Assigning the products to the correct delivery vehicles using pick sheets
• Checking that trailers going back to the customers Head Office are loaded correctly
• Using the correct manual handling techniques and safe systems of work in line with H&S training
• Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
• Operating the FLT to process returned items
• Other general warehouse responsibilities
A Few Things About You
It is important that as a Warehouse Operatives you will work together and stay motivated throughout the night shift. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given whilst being bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about customer service. You must be physically fit as the job involves heavy lifting.
• You must have excellent attention to detail and have shown this in your previous experience
• Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
• An understanding of handling large products is desirable
• Experience in warehousing or logistics is desirable but not essential
• Be able to complete heavy manual handling within strict H&S guidelines Skills
• Must be an excellent team player and able to work well with people at all levels
• Enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude
• Be able to remain calm and focused under pressure Reliable and self-motivated customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core
KPI Recruiting are a leading recruitment agency first established in the North West, led by a team of experienced recruitment professionals who are dedicated to providing excellent service to our customers. We started out in 2008 and continue to grow adding specialist divisions and additional locations to our portfolio.
If this is something you can see yourself doing please contact our Glasgow branch on 0141 732 9522.