Job ID: 5755164
Taunton, Somerset, England
£27.5k per year
Job Type: Full Time
Are you an experienced Dementia Lead? Are you looking for a new opportunity?
If yes, KPI Care are recruiting for a dedicated Dementia Lead to join a fantastic team in Taunton on a permanent basis.
Your responsibilities as a Dementia Lead will include:
As a Dementia Lead, you will be responsible for creating a possitive attitude which will allow opportunities to occur and help stimulate residents to lead as full a life as possible in safety, with choice, dignity and independence.
Contracted hours: Full Time (includes 1 weekend out of 4)
Contract Type: Permanent
What KPI Care are looking for:
- To be responsible for the provision of dementia care and administration of medication as prescribed by the doctor for all residents on Memory Care
- To be responsible for safekeeping, handling and recording of drugs and their administration, as laid down by the NMC Administration of Drugs Guidelines and Company Policies
- To be alert to any safeguarding issues within the home and report them to appropriate authorities and senior management within the home
- To ensure the provision of a well-balanced diet for residents, paying attention to nutritional assessment, presentation and cost. Offering choices and assistance. Monitor resident’s nutritional intake and implement plan of care for any deficiencies. Ensure that regular snacks are provided to enable residents who prefer to graze to have access to food on a frequent basis.
- To offer suggestions and discuss improvements of care and services as appropriate. Developing an action plan for memory care and completing a quarterly memory care audit to support this. To discuss improvements and plans of action with the Home Manager
- To deliver the dementia pathway training (following your training) and support the memory care team to upskill and grow their knowledge
- To offer time and consultation with residents, relatives, etc.
- To undertake pre-admission assessments as requested by the manager or in his/her absence.
- Professional career development & progression
- High-street, leisure and retail discounts.
- 28 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Rewards & recognition culture – value cards, roadshows, random acts of kindness to name but a few!
- Annual STAR awards
- Carefriends Employee referral app – earn up to £2000 per referral!
- Paid for DBS check & uniforms
If you would like to apply for this fantastic Dementia Lead opportunity, or would like more information on this role, please contact the team at KPI Care on 01782 956420 or send your CV to LeonieH@kpicare.co.uk
We look forward to hearing from you!
#kpicare #healthcare #loveyourjob #care #nursing #registerednurse
Apply for this job:
Click here to apply for this job.